The C.C.R. bike scene

Saturday, June 09, 2007

 

New Brit Crit. The CT state Criterium championship

New Brit Crit. The CT state Criterium championship is always a fun event and it brings out the top guns due to the fact that it's the CT state champs! Well organization, food and free t-shirts make riders happy!

The day started with rain! lots of rain. But Dillon and Joe K. decided that rain won't stop CCR from showing the other riders who the state belongs to! (Road-racing-crit-cat-4 wise, of course)

20 laps and 74 riders stood between Epic Velo and victory! The start was timid due to the water but the pace lifted 4 laps in to a 24-25mph avg. Dillon drew first blood with a short, test the waters type attack, 6 laps in and the field answered with a resounding "your kidding right, get back here chump!" I complied. No action for the next few laps besides some strong riders working hard at a good pace up front. And Joe placing 2nd in a preme (prime?) Then with 9 laps to go Joe dropped the hammer with a violent attack! Dillon hopped on thinking "If more come with us, (and with two E.V. guys they WILL come with us,) we make this stick!" No one chose to keep up with the attack. Dillon and Joe K had 30 bikes on the peleton in no time. Dillon was getting tired and the other teams weren't there so the likely-hood of the break working was poor. But Joe K stuck with it and some fast riders wasted valuable energy pulling Joe back and it still took 3 laps to pull the solo break back.

LAST LAPS:
The pace was ereely slow with a crash 3 laps to go and tired riders trough-out. 500m left Joe said "too slow fellas" and punched it! He won by 4 bike lengths and Dillon came in 19th overall 9th out of the Nutmeg state-ers.

Over-all the Epic Velo squad won some sick points and Joe K won some well deserved respect!

Comments:
Free tee's make anyone happy. Respect to Joe K.
 
YOU GUYS ARE SUPER WINNERS! YOU ARE ON YOUR WAY TO FAME, FORTUNE & DON'T FORGET ALL THE LADIES IN STORE!!!! YUMMMMMmmmmmm
 
Go everyone!! Go Joe K. Go Epic Velo!!
 
congrats again go to the EPIC VELO guys. Now, no one can say the first win was a fluke! I would've loved to have seen what you consider eeriely slow.
 
A great day...

It was a really good day for me. The rain had me a bit bummed out but I quickly realized that it was an opportunity to bring my "A" game and take it to them. It started out fast right from the start. I was a little nervous due to the wet conditions, lots of turns, and some of the paint that lined the course. I quickly settled into a good rotation at the front of the group. About 5 miles into the race they rang a bell signaling a preme lap for $20.00.......I found myself at the front and decided to go for it.......it was a photo finish......I got 2nd and $5 for the effort.......not much but hey that's a coffee or a redbull! A few laps later the pace slowed coming into the start area so I decided to make a break for it.....Out of the saddle I sprinted off the front and Dillon came with me to help the effort. He faded back to the pack after a half lap and I had a good 20-30 second gap on the field. It was hard out front alone and the pack finally gave chase after two laps and I was caught. I settled back in the pack to catch my breath and recover a bit. The final lap bell rang and I was caught in the middle getting boxed in but with the many corners on the course I was able to work my way around and coming into the last turn I was in 5th place, it's a long drag to the finish line so I waited a a few seconds before going into an all out sprint for the line.......the guys ahead of ahead of me went to early and I blew past them.......I was waiting for someone to come off of my wheel and try to make a move but no one was there.......I took the win by a bike length or so!! it was awesome!!
 
YES!YES! YES! GO FOR IT JIMBO!
 
I can't wait for the next race. Hope that one is awesome too.
 
Hi, I came to see your bike race and I was wondering if you would consider a girl on your team. I am from Japan & I am a cat 3 racer. I will be back in the US in Oct. Can I join you? I have long hair and I am pretty too. That might help.
 
Ummm...ok... We have a online application on our website www.cheshirecycle.com
It asks some questions and gets some simple info from you.
You are welcome to fill it out. That is the first step to joining out team. Thanks for your interest.
 
thank you i will fill it today and I hope to hear a firm "YES"! from you very soon.
 
FIRM???!!! What is that blogger even talking about? GROSS!
 
watch out the japanese womens are on the prowl for husbands!! LOOK OUT HUNTER!!!!! -------------> PIEeeeew!
 
Well said.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

Archives

January 2006   October 2006   November 2006   December 2006   January 2007   February 2007   March 2007   April 2007   May 2007   June 2007   July 2007   August 2007   September 2007   October 2007   November 2007   December 2007   January 2008   February 2008   March 2008   April 2008   May 2008   June 2008   July 2008   August 2008   September 2008   October 2008   November 2008   February 2009   March 2009   April 2009   June 2009   July 2009   August 2009   September 2009   November 2009   December 2009   March 2010   June 2010   July 2010   September 2010   October 2010  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?